logo hva international

Amsterdam School of International Business


Welcome to FAQ - AMSIB!

Our FAQ are divided in three categories. Please select the situation that is applicable to you.

Please see our online application Pathfinder to check whether you need a residence permit and/or an entry visa in order to study and stay legally in the Netherlands. If one of the following results appears in your personalized results you will need a residence permit:

  • Residence Permit for Study (TEV)
  • Residence Permit for Study (VVR)

The AUAS Immigration Affairs will apply for your residence permit on your behalf, you cannot do this yourself. Once you have been accepted as bachelor, master or as an exchange student, you will receive an email from AUAS Immigration Affairs with all the information you need to finalise the immigration procedure.

Please see the following pages for more information about the immigration procedure:

In order to study at AUAS you need to fulfill certain financial requirements. Please use our Cost Calculator to see which costs are applicable to you

The Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) requires that you have sufficient financial means to cover your stay in the Netherlands. The required amount is €900 a month. Students who come to AMSIB for one semester need to show that they have sufficient financial resources for a period of seven months. Please note that this is not a payment. It’s only showing that you have enough money to sustain yourself here in the Netherlands.

  • The Proof of Financial means for one semester: €6.300.
  • The Proof of Financial Means for one academic year/2 semesters: is €10.800.

There are four ways to prove your financial means. You can choose which option is most suitable or convenient for you*. Please click on each option to see which requirements must be met. If the requirements are not met we can not accept the proof of financial means.

* Please note that for students from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal only option 1 is available.

We require evidence that you have passed the standardised examinations for university entrance of your nation of origin. These include but are not limited to International Baccalaureate Diploma, Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife, Zeugnis der Fachhochschulreife, GCE A/AS-Levels in two subjects plus GCSEs in 4 additional subjects grades A*-C, 6 different subjects in total or BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma. To get an indication about the comparison of your educational system to the Dutch system you can go to the Nuffic website. Additional requirements may be applicable.

We expect proficiency of spoken and written English. Non-native English speakers are required to sit an IELTS, TOEFL or Cambridge test. IELTS (6.0 subscores not lower than 5.5); TOEFL (iBT 80 subscores not lower than 20, or paperbased 550), TOEIC (LR670+SW290) or Cambridge (First (FCE) Grade B (173-175) /First (FCE) Grade C (169-172)).

Published by  Amsterdam School of International Business 17 January 2019