AUAS Summer School kicks off2 July 2018 16:11 | Communication
Today, 2 July, marks the start of the Pogled u Plavo Summer School 2018. This year it includes eight international courses, each lasting two weeks. Over 100 international students from 28 different nationalities will attend the courses, which are taught by lecturers from the Faculty of Business and Economics, Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Law, Faculty of Training and Faculty of Digital Media and Creative Industries. The Summer School ends on 13 July.
Amsterdam as city laboratory
At the Summer School students get to know both the AUAS and the city of Amsterdam. The international students do this via applied research that delves into metropolitan issues. ‘Urban’ is the theme running through all of the AUAS Summer School modules.
The courses include:
- Fashion challenge Amsterdam
- Professional English & personal branding
- Digital brand engagement
- Supply chain management: connected hub,
- European business skills (courses 1-5 are offered by the Faculty of Business and Economics)
- Practising human rights in urban areas (Faculty of Applied Social Sciences and Law)
- Urban scan Amsterdam (Faculty of Training)
- Software for science (Faculty of Digital Media and Creative Industries)
International student mix
In total, 111 students from around the world are attending the AUAS Summer School. They come from 28 different countries, specifically: Australia, Bahrain, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cyprus, Germany, France, Georgia, Greece, Italy, India, Japan, Macau, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Poland, Russia, Singapore, Spain, the United Kingdom, the United States and South Korea.