Wadick Chomyszyn Aerospace Scholarship
“The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams”Exhibition
SGI Aviation and the Aviation Academy are excited to launch the second student competition for the Wadick Chomyszyn Aerospace Award. We are setting out on a search for a student with a ambitious and passionate idea for a personal development path to achieve their dreams. Three finalists will have the chance to present their unique ideas to a jury at the final event with the price up to €10.000,-. Use this financial step for a step further in realizing your ambition.
I think we have a duty to maintain the light of consciousness to make sure it continues into the future.
- Elon Musk
There's no point in starting a business unless you're going to make a dramatic difference to other people's lives. So if you've got an idea that's gonna make a big difference to other people's lives, then just get on and do it.
- Richard Branson
- The competition is open to all students of the Aviation Academy who have finished their foundation year, but have not graduated yet. A group of students can also apply but the maximum reimbursement will remain €10,000.
- Exchange students and students from outside the Aviation Academy who are participating in a minor/year 2/year 4 are excluded.
- Proposals submitted as part of the competition must represent the original work/concept of the participant.
- Proposals can be submitted in any written or visual form (written project plan, short film, animation and more). In case of a written application the limit is five A4 pages.
- The submitted items should cover an idea that can be realised with a maximum of €10.000,- and within one year after graduation.
- All submitted proposals must have a connection to the Aviation or Aerospace industry.
- The submitted applications must describe/explain the proposal and should also include a short project plan for the implementation phase including action plan, a financial plan and in English.
- The submitted proposals are protected and will only be viewed and used by the Aviation Academy and SGI Aviation.
- Submission deadline: 11 May 2018 (17:00 hrs)
- Applications must be sent via email to the secretary of the Aviation Academy: [email protected]
- Evaluation of the submitted applications: May 2018
- The award ceremony (with the presentations of the three finalists) will be held in June.
- The winner has to realize his/her dream within one year of graduating. He or she will give a presentation about his/her experiences and adventures during the award ceremony at the end of 2018.
Goal is to combine her education of aviation with her interest in fire fighting, and create new insights/technology in aviation firefighting. Her way to this is by going to the US and join the airport fire fighting department at one of the largest airports in the US. Because only (worldwide) they have the expertise required, to do what she wants.
Her goal is to work at a company like Airbus and work on new aircraft developments and change the way we travel. Her way of doing this is by going to a Master in Aerospace Engineering, following technical courses abroad in Germany and France to attain additional skills (languages, programming, simulation and more) and fulfil the requirements for such a position.
SGI Aviation is one of the largest independent technical advisors to the aviation industry and handles all aspects of technical consulting services, asset management and also provides aviation-focused advisory and regulatory training.
Headquartered in Amsterdam with regional offices in New York and Singapore, SGI currently employs more than 45 professionals worldwide.
SGI provides a seamless approach towards its individual services, for both aircraft operators and financiers, covering the entire aircraft life-cycle from pre-acquisition and delivery phase through to commercial operation and asset redelivery, sale or part-out.
Services are tailored to the client's specific requirements, advising on all aspects of commercial and management exposure to maximize asset value while minimizing transactional risk and techno-commercial exposures.
Services are performed by a team of experienced professionals from all areas of the aviation and aerospace industry. Many have held senior roles with airlines, aircraft manufacturers, aviation authorities, banks, lessors and maintenance organizations.
More information: www.sgiaviation.com
About Wadick Chomyszyn
Mr. Wadick Chomyszyn was the founder and Chief Executive and Chief Technical Officer of SGI Aviation. In his career, spanning more than 30 years in the commercial aviation industry, he has specialized in technical commercial services and asset management. He was instrumental in the development of SGI Aviation and its employees and a respected expert in his field. Wadick passed away in August 2014. SGI Aviation has initiated this student competition and award to honour the work of Mr. Wadick Chomyszyn.